Countess Sofia Bobrinskaya (née Sheremeteva) by Hippolyte Robillard, 1869
Sofia Alexeevna Bobrinskaya (née Sheremeteva), 1842-1872. She was the daughter of the Decembrist Alexei Vasilyevich Sheremetev and Yekaterina Sergeyevna Sheremeteva/Ekaterina Sheremeteva (17.12.1813-7.5.1890). Sofia had nine brothers and sisters:
- Barbara (1832-1885), wife of Count Vladimir Ivanovich Musin-Pushkin (1830-1886).
- Basil (1834-1884), Master of the Hunt, married to Natalia Afanasevne Stolypin (1834-1905).
- Sergey (1836-1896), ataman of the Kuban Cossack Army; Married to St. Princess Evdokia Borisovne Galitzine (1848-1910).
- Hope (1838-1840).
- Catherine (d. May 15, 1841 as a child).
- Sofia (1842-1871), since 1859 the wife of Count Alexei Vasilievich Bobrinsky (1831-1888).
- Peter (23.12.1845-25.10.1853)
- Vladimir (1847-1893), Major General Formation; since 1879 he married to Countess Elena Grigorievna Stroganov (1861-1908), daughter of Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna .
- Anna (1849-1916)
- Boris (9.06.1852-28.07.1853)
Sofia was the second wife of Count Alexei Vasilievich Bobrinsky (1831 – 1888), he was the son of Count Vasily Alekseevich Bobrinsky from his second marriage with Sophia Prokofyevna Sokovnin (1812-1869). His father’s mother was Anna Bobrinskaya, see my other post here.
Sofia and Alexei married in 1859. They had four children:
- Basil (1860-1861)
- Alex (1861-1938) – first marriage to Elizabeth Alexandrovna Peterson (died 1915)., second marriage since 1918 to Maria Dmitrievna Catania (1876-1957);
- Vladimir (1862-1938);
- Catherine (1864-1926), wife of Prince Peter Dmitriyevich Svyatopolk-Mirsky (1857-1914).
source: Hermitage Museum